AgroInsurance experts have successfully delivered consulting services on the project in Armenia.
Project: Technical Note on Agricultural Insurance: Experience in middle-income countries in Central and Southern Europe and the CIS
Duration: 04/2016 – 05/2016
Objectives: Provide the analysis and elaborate a set technical advice needed to consider for a newly created scheme in Armenia operating in the future existing schemes successfully operating and developing in recent years. Elaborate recommendations for Armenia on the initial steps that are prerequisite for steady growth and development of the ag insurance program in the country.
– Analysis of the donor support in the region
– Provide an overview of country experience in the region:
- Types of insurance products offered
- Coverage achieved
- Public and Private sectors roles; Forms of support
- Costs incurred by Government, Insurers and Farmers
- Pre-conditions for the introduction of agricultural insurance
- Supply and Demand sides constrains
– Country specific information:
- Russian Federation