International Seminar “Agricultural insurance for strengthening policy, financial service and use of new technologies” will take place in August 6-8, 2019 at Hotel Rio Amazonas in Quito, Ecuador.
Objective: To strengthen the development of agricultural insurance market in Latin America based on Ecuadorian experience; and to improve the insurance service considering the impacts of climate change on small and medium farmers.
- Identify the competitiveness and productivity of the agricultural sector through the generation of risk management culture.
- Share successful experiences in policy design for agricultural insurance in Latin America.
- Know how to incorporate new technologies and investments that increase effectiveness and sustainability of agricultural insurance.
- Provide mechanisms to encourage the use of agricultural insurance, with the support of key market actors, both private and public.
- Learn about the claims management procedures developed by countries-participants.
Knowledge and skills participants to acquire:
- Institutional models and successful public policy design.
- Credit instruments anchored to an agricultural insurance policy.
- Technologies that improve the quality of agricultural insurance service.
- Know how to perform proper claims management.
- Exchange of experiences with all the actors involved in both the private and public sector.
Organized by: MAG and GIZ with the support of ALASA
Source – http://agroseguro.agricultura.gob.ec